Thursday, August 10, 2006

Who Are You?


After a great day yesterday, had a really tough time getting motivated this morning, so I dug out my compilation of favorite tracks by THE WHO and blasted the CD on the drive into work. Apart from my "holy trinity" of bands -- the revered KISS, CHEAP TRICK and ALICE COOPER -- THE WHO remains one of my all-time faves. I understand they just released an EP of tracks in England from their soon-to-be-released new album coming out in October and word is it's classic WHO. Can't wait.

But in my humble opinion, there's nothing like Townshend's mini masterpieces "Won't Get Fooled Again," "Who Are You," or "Baba O'Reilly" ... and the entirety of TOMMY and QUADROPHENIA, for that matter. Even if the band never records another note, they have already cemented their place in Rock History.

Now, if Townshend will just stop selling his songs to be used as themes for overhyped American TV shows ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob Gonsalves said...

Of course, Quadrophenia is the greatest concept album ever recorded.

Just saying.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home